Sunday, July 5, 2009

One of the coolest things about traveling the country and being stationed in Europe is the variations we get every few years on the 4th of July. We lived in Alaska for a few years where we would have to stay up till after midnight so that it would get dark enough to see the fireworks. Germany was fun because it was not a holiday for Germans. So all the Americans from the whole area would cram themselves on to Ramstein AFB to watch the show in a 'home like' fair type atmosphere. Watching in Texas this year in way hot weather (along with a few down pours) was a lot of fun as well! We drove to a little town about 30 minutes away where we could set of our own fireworks. We went with friends that apparently knew a little more about fireworks than we did (poppers, crackers, smokers...you know baby stuff! LOL!) They bought some really cool "grown up" fireworks" wich made for a great time with friends! Thanks you guys! I hope everyone had a great fouth!!!

2 comments:

Krista said...

trying to see if I can leave a comment.

George Woodward said...

Hey Krista, it worked! I have gone through so many settings and gave up...glad you tried so I knew it worked!